Welcome to yet another episode of Weekly updates from Digital India Podcast. This show is brought to you by staff and students of Web Marketing Academy. This show gives you the latest updates in the digital marketing world in India. Today is 29th of July 2015 and we are giving you updates of the last seven days.
1. Too much Facebook use leads to poor mental health among kids: Study. Read More>>>
2. Facebook: You don’t know it, but you work for the social media giant. Read More>>>
3. Twitter rolls out Safety Center to curb harassment, abuse. Read More>>>
4. Amazon to invest $100 million for producing original video content on Prime. Read More>>>
1. Website Grader is a free online tool from Hubspot. It allows anyone to receive a free, personalized report that grades their site against key metrics, including performance, mobile readiness, SEO and security. It’s still in beta and they’re calling for feedback on the tool from users.
Along with your grade, Website Grader also gives you a list of recommendations on the issues you should tackle to optimize your site. You can find it here: Website Grader website.grader.com/
2. Tips on local business presence: Make sure you are on Google Map, Bing Map – even if you don’t have a website, this is something you can still do. You need to enter the name of your business, address, opening hours, etc. the more information you give, the better your chances of ranking for map results. Find instructions here: support.google.com/mapmaker/answer/1096044?hl=en
3.Use listicles: Listicles are articles written in a list format. Things like “10 Tips to Get Targeted Traffic to Your Website” OR “5 of the Stupidest Things You can Do in an Interview” Though perceived as a cheap method of gaining attention (mostly because it is misused), listicles are actually popular with millenials because the format allows you to consume long format content in digestible chunks. Even though they may not be comprehensive, they create the interest that leads to in-depth reading.
Learn more about listicles: www.wsj.com/articles/buzzfeed-n…ens-next-1422556723www.forbes.com/sites/stevedennin…s-love-listicles/